Aurora hunt by snowmobile
To experience the northern lights from the snow mobile gives you something extra. With the snow mobile, we have the opportunity to go to the best spots and the darkest places to get the best chance to see the Aurora.
The normal starting point is here, map.
We go from our village in Måttsund and up on the ski area, where we have a very good view. Then we go through the forest and down to the ice on the sea. The Ice is also a very good place to be to see the northern light. During the tour, we also serve you our “Swedish fika”(Something sweet to eat and hot to drink)
This is a very popular activity in Luleå and Swedish Lapland.
- Between 20.00 – 23.00(8 pm – 11 pm)
- Snow mobile, extra clothes, warm shoes and a helmet are included.
- We have a “fika” at a nice spot(something sweet to eat and hot to drink)
- Driving license: Car driving license required, alt ”EU-card”
- Age: From 16 year with ”EU-card” or ”A Class”
At least 5 years old if you are a fellow passenger. Under 10 years old you will sit in a sled behind the snowmobile.
- Meeting point: Address: Sörsundet 64, Map here. If you got your own transport we meet 10 minutes before start time.
- Price: 1995 SEK/person. 2 persons per snowmobile.
- 995 EK/person extra for driving your own snowmobile.
Booking: Click on “Book” at the top.
Questions: Info@explorelulea.com, +46 (0) 73 767 90 45
Payment: You pay with card when you book on the website. Would you like to book another type of snowmobiling expedition, perhaps in the forest? Contact us!Terms & conditions:
We have an accident insurance. The snowmobiles are insured and if a guest damages something on a snow mobile an excess of maximum 6000 SEK including VAT is to be paid on site. Clients participate at their own risk and we strongly recommend that they have their own travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances. It is therefore very important to follow the guide’s instructions.